Friday, December 21, 2012

The Madness in the City

Here I am. 31, married to a wonderful man, mother of three lovely little girls. I have my own successful business that has brought me joy and decent income. I have been homeschooling my kids. It's just, well, this is somehow not the life I pictured for myself. So busy all the time. Pulling out my hair and throwing down TUMS daily trying to ward off the ulcers all too quickly forming in my gut. Growing up in the suburbs I always promised myself I was going to get away. I wanted to live in a quiet small town where everyone knows everyone and could call you by name. And now, I am raising my family in the same fast paced world I was raised in. Only now, it is like a million times worse. I need to escape, I need to get away, I need serenity now! I have been thinking about what I want to do for a while and finally it came to me. I want to move to the country and build a homestead. I want it to be for my family but I would also love to incorporate my long time business goals of having an inn and spa. So..... I haven't told my husband yet of my far fetched ideas. Sure sure, he knows I am longing to get out of the city but he doesn't know I am LONGING to get out of the city. What will this blog be about? I am still not entirely sure. Mostly I know it will be about my journey into the simple life. Me finding ways to connect with myself, my family, my passions and hopefully fulfilling my dreams in the country. Everyone needs some time to just take a step back from the madness and just smell the roses. Perhaps its time I plant some.

2 comments:

  1. I understand the need to raise a child is a peaceful environment. I'm not in the country, but I'm definitely on the outskirts of town. We have four acres, mostly fenced because I'm paranoid, and it is really nice to sit outside watching the boys run and be as loud as they want to be. How does your husband feel about moving out of the city?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmmmmm I have taken forever to reply to you! How awful of me! I had complications during my last pregnancy and I fell off the map after my very first post! My husband and I compromised and we purchased a small home just outside the city limits. I hope you will read along with whatever this new journey brings. It is nice to have a friend in the blog world!

      Delete