Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Cold Hard Truth

I must be one of the most unhealthy people on this planet. I mean, I know that I am stressed to the max and overweight. But think of all the gross things going on on the INSIDE of me. Do I really want to know? So the next step in my new lifestyle is my new diet and exercise. I am planning to post pictures and measurements of myself over the next year to see how this lifestyle change affects me and my family. Let's start with the way I feel.

I am tired. All the time. I know I don't get enough sleep (usually 5 hours or less a night) but even on nights when I get 8 hours I still wake up feeling so tired. I am cranky with my spouse and my kids. My temper can be short and my emotions are all over the place.

I feel like I am trying to do too many things at once. I have too much on my plate and it is getting heavy to carry. I work overnight at a vet's office 3 nights a week (those days I get even less than 5 hours sleep!). I run 2 small craft businesses, a travel agency, and I am a Pampered Chef consultant. I used to also have a popular cooking and homeschooling blog but I just can't keep up. I love all the jobs that I have but I just feel like it is all too much. Not to mention that I have 3 small girls ages 5, 2, and 8 months and I homeschool. I am active in my community and in my church. I need to find a balance.

I never exercise. Ever. I currently get winded walking up the stairs and if I am required to carry the baby you can forget about it. By the time I lay her down my chest is tight and I have to lay down to catch my breath. I am sure all the pain I feel in my body is due to my body slowly giving up on me. Or it is from depression. Which leads me to.....

I am depressed. Not in a "I want to kill myself because my life sucks so much" kinda way. Just a lack luster kinda way. I love my family and I know I have so many blessings in my life. But I feel deflated. I don't enjoy things like I should and everything in my life seems to require such great effort. I hate this the most. My girls are young and I love them and want to be filling their lives with happy memories. Not one of a rushed dysfunctional family who can't seem to ever get it together.

My sex life. Blah. No, I am not going into any seedy detail but I will say that I just have no desire. The fatness, sluggishness, and depression I am sure have a lot to do with all that. Hopefully that will improve.

So now for the most obvious part. Me and the way I look currently. I was going to take a picture of me in nothing but a bathing suit but geez, it was scary. So instead, here is me and my current measurements:


Measurements 12/29/12:

Bust: 41 inches
Waist: 36 inches
Hips: 43 inches
Thigh: 25 1/2 inches
Arm: 14 inches
Current Weight: 162 lbs
Pant Size: 12
Dress Size: 14

No I am not morbidly obese but I feel like I could be and I am tired of it! Also, my skin is in major revolt. I used to have the most amazing skin. Now, it looks horrible. Red splotchy cheeks with acne everywhere. I want it to all go away.  

So here's to a new year and a new healthier life for my family and me! Time to suck it up and make the change. It will be hard but so worth it in the end - I have faith!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment