Monday, January 7, 2013

Week 1 Rewind

YAY! We made it through week one with only a few little slips ups. Well, a few slip ups for the grown ups anyway. The kids are a whole other story. I think there is going to be a slow change with lots of compromise with them. As for my husband, he just can't seem to give up the energy drinks. However, having them makes him much less grumpy so I have just been letting it slide for now. I have gone over a week now with no soda!! YAY ME! It was pretty awful the first few days with headaches but now it is out of my system and I am mostly drinking water and herbal teas. We have also gone over a week with no fast food - and we haven't died!! It is possible to not eat at McDonalds everyday (much to my kids chagrin).

Here are some of the things we have eaten this week:

Roasted Tomato Soup and Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches

Oatmeal and Whole Wheat Pancakes with Organic Free Range Turkey Bacon

Oatmeal with Raisins, Dates, and Almonds

Whole Wheat Pasta with Garlic, Mushrooms, and Zucchini and a Green Salad with Tangerines, Almonds and Homemade Citrus Vinaigrette

Organic Strawberry Yogurt with REAL strawberries!

Grilled Cheese and Apples with Peanut Butter

Oatmeal for breakfast

Greek Yogurt with Strawberries and Granola

Overall I would say breakfast has been the easiest to change. Out with the cereal in with the oatmeal and fruits. What we have agreed with the kids upon to compromise:

  • they will just "die" if they can't have mac and cheese. So we got Annie's Organic Mac and Cheese to have on special days 
  • they will also just "die" if they can't have hot dogs "they're my favorite!" my oldest whined. We found a local farm who makes them so we will order some
  • Goldfish - a favorite snack - we also got Annie's Organic Cheddar Bunnies
  • And last the gummies. We give them to our kids as rewards for potty training and schoolwork so this was a hard one to get rid of. I have heard you can make your own from fruit so I will try that out soon. 
I have noticed a few changes in myself already. First of all, I pee a lot more. Sorry if that is TMI! haha Also, I have noticed my skin looks more refreshed and the redness is going away (but not gone yet.) My lips also dont get as easily chapped. I have decided not to weigh or measure myself until the end of the month so that I can {hopefully} see a bigger change. Did any of you try anything new this week? I would love to hear about it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment